The Employment Law Alliance (ELA) is offering a complimentary 90-minute webinar on Wednesday, Sept. 15. Global Employer’s Guide to Cross-Border Work will address some of the issues that arise when hiring or moving employees internationally.
A panel of professionals will tackle key topics including:
- Immigration/visa requirements and work permits
- Complying with local labor and employment laws
- Whether a formal employment contract is required (or advisable)
- How to handle employee benefit plan issues (e.g. medical coverage, insurance and retirement plans)
- Individual and corporate tax issues that affect the employer and the employee, data privacy, and export controls
Sample scenarios and options for structuring these arrangements will be discussed, as well as the pros and cons of setting up subsidiaries, entering independent contractor arrangements, and using a third-party service provider to act as the employer of record.
Legal Implications of Hiring and Managing Remote Workers in Asia Pacific
SSEK partner Stephen Igor Warokka spoke at a recent ELA webinar on the Legal Implications of Hiring and Managing Remote Workers in Asia Pacific. Stephen discussed the issue of remote workers from an Indonesian context.
To register and view this complimentary webinar on demand, click here.
About the ELA
The Employment Law Alliance is the most comprehensive network of labor and employment attorneys in the world. ELA members provide employment, labor and immigration expertise in more than 135 countries around the globe and all 50 U.S. states. They work closely together to ensure that their clients’ legal matters are handled seamlessly wherever they do business. ELA provides a smarter, more efficient and effective alternative to using a single multinational law firm.
SSEK Legal Consultants is the ELA’s member firm for Indonesia.